Thursday, April 29, 2004

"So I'm surfing the web, right?"

How many conversations about cool things you've found online started with that sentence? I **need** a blog, just to showcase all the eclectic crap I find that absolutely fascinates me.

Here's one for you: the Internet Anagram Server. Fascinating stuff, this. I must have played around with this site for an hour or so, until I decided to put in my own, full name. Whew! I had hoped for some kind of pithy, wise maxim or epigram that I could relate to the students in my English classes, or something (modesty is not a strong suit of mine) that I could put on a bumper sticker and change the world. I needed a phrase that would sell! So, using the "Advanced Anagramming" link I was able to separate the wheat from the chaff and find these world-changing anagrams for "bradley scott denton" :

ABSCOND TENDERLY TOT
Really, excellent advice for absconding tots across the world. Somehow, though, I doubt it will catch on as this year's catchphrase.
A BOLT CONTENTED DRYS
Doesn't this sound like the title of a Movie of the Week?
DEBACLE DON NOT TRYST
This doesn't make a lot of sense, but I love the idea of a literary character named "Debacle Don." Plus, you know he's a pretty good guy, with all his tryst rejecting.
CABLED RODENT SNOTTY
I'd be snotty too, if I were cabled. Or a rodent, for that matter.
ECTOBLAST DENTON DRY
This one frightened me. Not only did it sound like a rejected Ghostbusters script device, but it sounds like it would hurt. Towels are fine, thanks.
CARBON DOTTED YENTLS
Either a strange Barbara Streisand movie sequel or an obscure vegetable.
BLADDER CONTEST TONY
See "Debacle Don," above. "Hey -- who's that . . . OHMYGOODNESS, it's BLADDER CONTEST TONY!!!!!!"
DAYBED CONTROLS TENT
From a Sharper Image catalog, perhaps?
BLOATED CONTENTS DRY
In my case, definitely not true.
BRADLEY SCOTT TENDON
Yeah, this one felt like cheating to me, too.
BLASTED CODY TRENTON
I'm envisioning a Western scene with our hero, Blasted Cody Trenton. Is his first name descriptive, or an expletive?
BALD COTTONY TENDERS
Coming to an O'Charlie's near you.
BRANDON ELECTS DOTTY
In the parliament of his mind . . .
STANDBY CLONED OTTER
Great imperative sentence. I suppose he is to wait for orders from Central Otter Command, or the Mammal Attack Post.
STANDBY COLORED TENT
Otter's buddy.
TABLE CONDONED TRYST
I see this as a strange news headline, somewhere. All we know is that Debacle Don and Bladder Contest Tony were NOT involved.
TENTACLED BODY SNORT
Great prospective name for a band. "Hello, Grayson! We are the men of Tentacled Body Snort!!! Two nights only, no cover!!"
CONSTERNATED BY DOLT
Aren't we all? This may be the closest I've gotten to true wisdom with these.
LANCED DEBTOR SNOTTY
I would be, too -- you owe me money? You stuck a lance in me? What next?
TRANSCEND BLOTTY ODE
I'm trying. I'm really trying.
CANDY BOTTLE SNORTED
Put that down! Stop it!
DYLAN CORBETT STONED
Here is the first saga of the Corbett family . . . more to follow. I envision Dylan as the Prodigal, maybe played by Brad Pitt, returning to the Corbett family after his wild drug days. Or it could be literal, I suppose.
DANNY CORBETT OLDEST
He's the firstborn, and livid at Dylan for tarnishing the good Corbett name, of course.
DONNA CORBETT STYLED
And she looks marvelous.
DAYTON CORBETT LENDS
Here's the bank-owning Shylock of the family, always asking for his pound of flesh . . . seems like every week someone else comes along and sticks a lance in him. . .

As you can see, my name does not lend itself to wise statements guaranteed to rise the consciousness of humanity. However, it does serve to describe me pretty well:
NASTY BLOND DETECTOR

And with that, I adjure you to try the demon machine for yourself. Good luck!